All CHSU programs and activities are planned and executed to accomplish the mission, vision and values as described below:
We exist to improve the health care outcomes of people living in the Central Valley by:
- Inspiring diverse students from our region to commit to health care careers that serve our region;
- Developing compassionate, highly trained, intellectually curious, adaptive leaders capable of meeting the health care needs of the future through a performance-based education;
- Empowering people to teach, serve, research, innovate, and practice collaboratively in areas of skill and expertise.
Enhancing the wellness of our community by educating health care professionals dedicated to providing collaborative care for the Central Valley.
- Integrity: We keep promises and fulfill just expectations. By aligning our beliefs, thoughts, and actions, we adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards in education, research and healthcare.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve the highest quality in all that we do by using evidence-based methods, teamwork, critical reasoning, and continuous reflection on performance.
- Collaboration: We strive to contribute positively to each other, our students, patients, university and community, through a culture of trust, respect, transparent communication, cooperation, cheerfulness, gratitude, and shared victories.
- Diversity: We respect, embrace and harness the strengths of the many cultural backgrounds, languages, experiences and viewpoints of our students, faculty, staff and the community which we serve.
- Innovation: We offer opportunity and resources to explore and pursue courageous innovation that matters for our students, faculty, staff, patients, and community.
- Stewardship: We conscientiously utilize our resources – human, material and financial – in a highly efficient, effective, forward-looking and sustainable manner.
- Growth: We value and invest in an assessment-driven culture that prioritizes growth and self development. We strive to realize the potential of every student, faculty, staff, and community member through our individual and collective learning opportunities, decisions, policies, and priorities.